Dining at Monkey Thorn Lodge is an experience in itself. Guests can dine inside in our romantic restaurant overlooking the gardens, boma and pool or enjoy our veranda on sunny days and warm African nights. The atmosphere is tranquil and calming, and coupled with our carefully put together menu by our chefs, using only the best home grown produce from our own nursery, the whole experience is sure to be one to remember.
- Breakfast is served daily from 7.30 am till 9.30 am in the restaurant or can be enjoyed on the veranda or in the pool lapa.
- Pool/lounge Menu is available from 12pm to 4pm
- Lunch is available from 12pm to 2.30pm
- We hold our High Tea functions between 2pm and 3.30pm which is charged at R145 per person and needs to be booked in advanced as places are limited
- On Wednesdays we have our pensioners club where pensioners receive a 20% discount off our lunch menu
- Wine tasting paired with either Biltong and Droewors or specialty cheeses is held between 12pm and 4pm daily
- At dinner we offer a two or three course dinner for our guests at R275 for two courses and R350 for three courses per person, this needs to be booked in advance of arrival, so that our chef can prepare accordingly. Please contact reception to make a dinner reservation
- We also regularly hold gourmet dinner functions and event days please see our upcoming events for details of our next function
Our menus change regularly to incorporate season and fresh produce grown in our onsite organic vegetable garden.