Monkey Thorn Lodge is a five star Guest lodge located in White River, Mpumalanga in the center of the Lowveld.
Graded five star by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa we are proud to offer our domestic and International guests a five star experience
- Monkey Thorn Guest lodge is situated in the picturesque town of White River in the heart of the Lowveld.
- Designed with complete comfort and relaxation in mind for our guests whilst creating a true traditional feel of the Lowveld, the lodge brings a five star international standard of quality accommodation to White River.
- Our nine free standing suites set out in six hectares of indigenous gardens give a feeling of being in the bush yet we are only 5 minutes from the center of White River giving our guests the best of both worlds to explore the surrounding area.
- The main lodge building hosts our restaurant where guests can dine enjoying home grown produce grown in our own nursery.
- In addition to the restaurant there is an old style lounge and bar where guests can unwind with a good book or catch up on the day’s sightseeing while enjoying pre dinner drinks.
- Our traditional Lowveld veranda gives a feeling of memories of Africa where guests can be found enjoying the evening sunsets whilst sipping on a cocktail or just taking in the amazing bird life we have due to our stunning trees and indigenous flora.
- The privacy at the lodge for our guests is second to none as there is so much space to be enjoyed and we have ensured the lodge is completely secure with only monitored gate access and perimeter fencing. Being located 1 km into a dead end lane there is no passing traffic and peace and tranquility is assured.
Load Shedding – No Problem.
We have a fully automated generator that supplies the whole lodge during load shedding so guests are not effected
Book direct with the lodge or with one of our booking partners