Monkey Thorn Guest Lodge is a privately owned 5 star lodge run and managed by the owners.
Being in the hospitality industry for many years we bring our wealth of experience to make your stay unforgettable.
The lodge was built in 2018 and finished ready for opening in 2019. A space of complete tranquility was achieved yet close enough to the town, so locals would be able to enjoy the restaurant, which is rustic and traditional and perfect for a romantic night out.
Achieving a five star grading was always the aim and by aiming for this it enabled the suites and the lodge to meet five star international standards which we were delighted to be awarded in March 2020.
We look forward to welcoming you to the lodge.
Main Lodge Facilities
- The restaurant is spacious and designed for relation with a traditional Lowveld look and feel. There is outside dinning where guests can enjoy breakfast overlooking the garden.
- We do not offer braai facilities or self catering.
- There is a guest lounge where you can relax and enjoy pre dinner drinks or wind the hours away with a good book.
- Our Veranda overlooking the gardens and pool is a great place to watch the best sunsets and enjoy a sun-downer after a busy day out sight seeing.
- The salt water pool has its own lapa where you can dine alfresco or just relax in the shade away from the sun.
- There are many areas around the garden where you will find a seat or sun lounger where you can enjoy complete privacy.
There are nine stand alone suites, four king, two twin, one triple and two family suites that can accommodate 4 guests. Each suite is 64m square and has a private patio with garden views for guests to sit on to enjoy the sunsets or listen to the early morning dawn chorus, The suites are set out in six hectares of indigenous garden ensuring our guests privacy and the utmost comfort.
All Suites have the following facilities:
- Air Conditioning
- Free Wifi
- DSTV with 50 channels
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Fridge/mini bar
- Dressing area with Hairdryer
- Tv area for relaxing with 50 inch television
- Dining area for private dining from our room service menu
- All bathrooms have a large walk in shower, with luxury white towels and complimentary toiletries and slippers
- There is no cooking facilities in the suites and we do not offer self catering
- There is ample secure onsite parking
- Free unlimited Wifi is available all over the lodge
- The lodge is extremely safe and secure with monitored gate access only
- We operate fully during load shedding with our automated generator